Experience green jobs and careers up close
The German-Greek joint project GRÆDUCATION (www.graeducation.org) and the Greek OAED are organising a Green Future Day for Girls in Athens with the support of other Greek and German organisations and institutions. We would like to invite you to this event.
When?: June 10, 2019, from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Where?: at the Stavros Niarchos Cultural Centre in Athens
Greek schoolgirls between the ages of 10 and 16 will be given the opportunity to experiment with green technologies, learn about career opportunities & new training paths and get to know companies from their region. Above all, they should discover their own technical skills and sharpen their interest in future technologies.
In workshops and at hands-on stands, 300-400 visitors will be able to conduct experiments with solar, wind and smart home energy, experience virtual realities and gain initial insights into the world of work. Companies and vocational schools will provide information on training and career opportunities in the field of green technologies. There are also playful offers and a competition in which attractive prizes can be won.
Girls’ Day in Greece – why?
Vocational orientation at first hand: Girls are to spend a day looking behind the scenes of technical, manual and above all green professions and discover new occupational profiles for themselves. This is a concept that is urgently needed in Germany and Greece, because only a few girls have so far decided to pursue a career in technical professions. At the same time, many companies complain about a shortage of skilled workers. Green technologies are a growth market in Greece and offer good future prospects. In the coming years, the demand for skilled workers will continue to grow. Girls’ Day is a small step towards securing the next generation of employees!
Part 1: Congress
- 15:00: Registration and welcome café
- 16:00 – 16:30: Opening and greetings
- 16:30 – 18:00: Panel discussion on the topic: “German-Greek dialogue: Girls in ‘Green Tec professions’ – Innovative concepts in vocational education and training”.
- 19:00 – 20:00: Raffle and end of the event
Part 2: Workshops and student labs
- 15:00: Registration for the workshops
- 16:30 – 19:15: Parallel workshops, student labs and companies to get to know
- 16:30 – 17:15: Workshops & student labs Round 1*
- 17:30 – 18:15: Workshops & student labs Round 2*
- 18:30 – 19:15: Workshops & student labs Round 3*
Topics of the workshops in the 3 rounds:
1)„Electricity from the Sun“
2)„Electricity from the Wind“
3)„Smart Home for Green Buildings“
4)„Experience VET in Virtual Reality“
Flyer for download here !